Sunday, December 21, 2008

Quick, Practical and Useful(?)

I seem to run out of the commercial sponge cloths and scrubs fairly quickly, so I had been wanting to try out some knitted one. So I knitted up this set yesterday.
I don't know the exact names for them. The larger one (washcloth/dishcloth/whatever) is intended for wiping the kitchen counters etc. The smaller one is a doubled up st st piece with purl side out, intended for washing the dishes. I used Peaches and Creme (and nylon thread for the second one). I will try them out in the morning, inshaAllah.
We also had a little celebration as my "not-so-little" son turned five yesterday, mashaAllah.

4 comments :

  1. I really love my knit dish towels and I think they work better than the regular ones. They are knit in garter stitch. I too have a 5 year old. She thinks being 5 makes are knowledgeable in all things, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I have crocheted towels and cloths, would love to have knitted ones!! I envy you for having access to nylon thread to work with. I have been looking for nylon thread or cord to crochet with for a while now, and still hadn't found it. The scrubber looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garter stitches just scrub better than commercial sponges!

    He is so handsome! Quite the young man already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knit dishcloths and use them all the time. I've never tried adding nylon for a scrubby, but what a good idea! I do use lace or textured stitch patterns for their scrub-power, though.

    Your children are lovely. Happy birthday, yong man! :)

    ReplyDelete