Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another yoke...Fair-Isle this time

I had been waiting to finish the Tangled Yoke Cardigan to start a sweater for my son, for which I bought the yarn last month. I had got these to colors with no definite idea about the design.

Finally, when I started, I went for a top-down Fair-Isle Yoke pullover. The fair-Isle design is my own and hence somewhat rudimentary. I added two additional colors for the fair-isle.

Tonight I finished the yoke and will have my son try it on for the fit in the morning, inshaAllah. I am intending a larger size anyway.
Now I have to confess that I was up till 4:45 am last night to knit this and tonight it is almost two already. So, I am a bit groggy right now. Must go to bed...

6 comments :

  1. Much hugs and loves to you!! The sweater is going to be goreous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're getting so little sleep! Eeep. How do you function?

    My mother used to do that. She said the quiet was so incredibly peaceful she's cheerfully be tired. Not me! But then I don't get gorgeous colorwork knocked out that fast, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely peaceful knitting time .

    Ulla in the north of sweden

    ReplyDelete
  4. as salaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

    My family and I spend part of the year in Pakistan. I was wondering if you know of any craft stores in Islamabad... for stitchery, patterns and such. I managed to find one store in F8 but would like more choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Iman...Walaikom-as-salaam.Cotton and embroidery threads are readily available at lace centers (which sell ribbons, lace and other tailoring paraphernalia) around the city. However, getting yarn is a different story. There is one small yarn shop in Aabpara and another partial one in G-9 Markaz. The yarn is mostly acrylic. For patterns, embroidery or otherwise, I would recommend the old book shops, most of which are in Jinnah Super(F7)or Super Market(F6).

    ReplyDelete
  6. as salaamu `alaykum...

    Jazakillah khayran for your suggestions. I have tried those places so I guess I am out of options! I have bought lovely karandi etc but for other supplies in shaa Allah I'll bring them over from Singapore. I have not tried crochet or knitting but will give it a go in shaa Allah :) Your work is wonderful ma shaa Allah.

    ReplyDelete