Monday, January 24, 2011

A Bag for Interchangeable Knitting Needles

My project for today is a sewing project, a case which I made for my Knit Pick Interchangeable Needles. I used the materials at hand (and you can see that my green sewing thread does not  quite match the fabric, but it will do).  It has a row of small pockets for interchangeable needles and a row of larger pockets below,  for the cables and other accessories. I used a button to fasten it up.
   I am happy with the finished bag and feel that it will come very handy to keep my needles all tidy and organized. I may add some embroidered numbers on the pockets to mark the various sizes.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blackrose Wristlets and more

 I knit this pair of fingerless gloves from the same yarn I had used to make a wimple, a year back. Even the  smallest size was turning out too large, so I redid all the maths and thumb gussets and just used the lace chart from the pattern. These turned out beautifully and match my everyday scarf. And I still have more than enough yarn to make another
 Another project I recently did was a leaf edging (I took it out of this shawlette) for the yoke of my kameez (shirt), I plan to wear with my Muir shawl. 

Friday, January 7, 2011

Stashbuster Baby Vest

I used yet more leftover sock yarns to make this little baby vest. (I have run out of these leftovers now...well almost :) ) This was my first steeking project. The yarn being superwash, I had to use the sewing machine to reinforce the steeks and to cover up the raw edges with bias tape. I can see how steeking can be most useful for fair-isle sweaters, but it sure was a lot of work for a tiny baby vest. But then, it was the perfect project to try out a new technique.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Place Mats

I finally finished the place mats I had started last January, and that only when I cut down their number from originally planned four to merely a pair. These are already well in use, doing double duty as hot pads in addition to being place mats, but frankly, these were quite boring to knit. Maybe it was the harsh feel of the cotton (Peaches and Creme) or the monotony of the pattern or both. In any case I am happy these are done.

I have a feeling my knitting has been a bit insipid lately. For now, I am going to blame our foggy weather for it.