Friday, July 23, 2010

Muir

I had a knitting marathon yesterday to help me finish the Muir shawl I had been working on for so long. I am happy to finish it before the weekend. The pattern is fun to do, easy and by the second half, I had it memorized. I especially love the picots around the edges. There were a few modifications I did to the pattern. Because the yarn is on the heavier side of lace weight, I used larger sized needles, i.e 4.5 mm then recommended and worked 2 pattern repeats across rather than three.I did 14 repeats instead of 13 to get a longer shawl.

So here it is in the unblocked state, about 24 x 76 inches:
Here it is blocking:
 It turned out to be approximately 31 X 96 inches after blocking. The post blocking glory:

5 comments :

  1. It's absoluterly beauteful!!!!!!

    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lena. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashaALLAH! This is dashing knitting!!! ._. :) ALLAH give you more skill! :)

    ReplyDelete