Monday, December 8, 2008

Play Time

With only a couple of days before Eid, I did not feel like starting any major project. Also, I had observed my daughter's recent fascination with little cribs and an childhood doll of mine had outlasted her rocking crib. So I decided to make a cradle purse. The pattern I used was Cupcake cradle purse.
I did one extra row at the cupcake bottom to fit a slightly larger doll.

While at it, I also made a new dress and cap for the doll. My daughter is very happy with her new toy/purse.
Feeling a little guilty that I did not make anything for my son, I asked him if I should make him a car or something. And guess what, he also wants a cradle purse, LOL.

4 comments :

  1. Oh this brings back memories! I totally had one of these! It was white and pink. I remember it well! My great aunt Annie made it for me.

    Very pretty, and I love that your son wanted one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative you are-the cradle purse and lovely lovely socks.
    Have a nice day
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here - brings back sweet memories. How fun that it looks like a cupcake when closed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL! How precious!! Your son wanting his own cradle purse!!!! It is quite lovely! I want one too!!

    ReplyDelete