Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Hat For My Father

After making a sweater for my mother, I wanted to make something for my father as well. The one thing he regularly wears during the winters is a hat. He normally wears a traditional fabric hat common to our part of the world. I thought it would be a nice change for him to try a knitted hat. So with my hausband to help me pick a pattern, I searched Ravelry and we choose this pattern. The beret shape is quite similar to his current hat style and moss st give it a nice texture. The yarn I used is Red heart with wool in charcoal color. I made no modifications to the pattern.

I had DH model as my father does not like his picture taken. The dark color makes it hard to get the details in photos.

3 comments :

  1. It turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent hat! I would love to make my Father one, but he isn't a hat wearing person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, was pleased to see your blog.
    I was thrilled with their work, congratulations!
    I am Monica and I am from Portugal, I leave my blog,
    so that we can exchange ideas!
    www.coisitasdamonica.blogspot.com
    I hope a visit.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete