I did just that last month. I used KoolAid to dye a full sweater worth. My first choice of color was a medium yellow but I did not have enough of that color sachets, so I chose red instead. I used all the red KoolAid and some blue and orange on top to get this shade. I tried some sprinkling for a little variegated effect.
I have already started with the sweater which is to be Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Again the color is hard to capture in indoor light but with the days being short, by the time I get around to shooting pics, its usually dark outside.
I ran into some trouble with the waist decreases but it was resolved, Alhamdollilah. However I have taken a couple of days break from this project to start a pair of fingerless gloves for mysef.