Friday, January 9, 2009

Match-Box Craft

In the midst of my three WIPs, I managed to work on something different :) I have been collecting match boxes for a couple of months for this purpose:) (weird and silly, I know).


When I finally had enough, I turned them into this.



The matchboxes were glued together. Then I wrapped quilting foam over the bed board to serve as matress. Sewed over the cover and also sewed a quilt. I knitted the covers for head and footends.

And the rug which is crocheted, of-course.

I told the kids they could play with it but not just yet :)

7 comments :

  1. How adorable! I have been saving dish sponges, so I could build our cat a sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so cute!!! I love your work * * *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you are talented! They are gorgeous! I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! So cute, I just love it. I have an unhealthy obsession with dollhouses and accessories, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you are crazy, but your craziness worked out okay this time. Totally cute, and I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sweet. When I was a teenager, I took the little matchboxes and used them to store necklaces individually---that way they don't get tangled! (hmm...nice tip for the next "frugal tip" meme I get into!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea! Your mind is amazing.

    ReplyDelete