Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's a scarf

As I mentioned in a previous post, I originally started knitting a stole with this yarn but as I had only one skein, it would not have been enough for a stole. So, I frogged the first CO and knit Branching Out scarf instead.
The yarn is Louet Kidlin lace wt. The pattern is fun and easy. No wonder there are more than 2000 projects listed for this pattern at ravelry. The yarn is also beautiful to knit with. I made it as long as I could (77 inches)using the full skein(250 yards). We wear long stoles(dupattas) in routine which are about 2.5 metres long, so anything short feels a bit weird. I would have liked it to be a bit wider but here again, not enough yarn. However it's lovely the way it is.
In other WIP news, I have finished the handbag I was working on. Now I am thinking of writing the pattern. I will post it when the pattern is done, inshallah.

6 comments :

  1. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a colour and a lovely pattern
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It is good to see another one since I am starting one this upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! It's just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf! That color is gorgeous (one of my favorites actually).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour of the yarn makes this scarf so lovely. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete