Thursday, April 29, 2010

Clap Splendor


The clapotis is finally done, alhamdolillah! It took one year to finish but turned out just the way I wanted it...light, airy and large. It is 31 inch (79cm) x 94 (218) after blocking. The yarn is Knit Picks Shimmer Hand Dyed Lace Yarn in Turquoise Splendor colorway. I used up about 2.8 hanks, single-stranded on 3.75 mm needles. The rule of fifths is an excellent guide to divide up your yarn for the increase, straight and decrease sections (1:3:1) of the pattern.

I have a feeling this stole will get a lot of wear as it is just the right size and color for me and I love it.

8 comments :

  1. Congrats, that is a big project and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is beautiful! It's lovely that something you worked on over an entire year has turned out exactly the way you want it :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beauteful, what a marvelous work you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color....it*s beautifall...

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing i really like da colors keep up da good wrk (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, it's beautful. I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to not like that pattern much, but in that size it looks lovely. Pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The culmination of your year long's work is beautiful and excellent choice of color. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete