Friday, October 2, 2009

Superhero Dreamcatcher

Nobody might like spiders but kids sure do love spiderman and my son is no exception. I had promised my son a spiderman afghan for a long time and with the winter drawing closer (or is it?? It's so very hot here!!), I have started working on it.

I am using this pattern but changing the color sequence a bit and using 5.5mm hook instead of recommended 5 mm one. It is working up quite fast even though I had to frog twice because I failed to correctly read a pattern line. However, crochet is hard on my wrists and I have to take frequent breaks. (With knitting, it is mainly my shoulders which bear the brunt).
The kids of course are pretty excited about this project, pulling it up to measure against themselves to see how it has "grown".

1 comment :