I ran out of the cotton yarn which I was using initially so I turned to acrylic. The bag with all its finishing etc took me about a day. I did not follow any pattern for this though there are many hello kitty patterns listed on ravelry in case anyone is interested. My daughter was so excited and involved in the project, I did not have the heart to put it down. I used buttons for eyes and felt for the nose and bows. Both sides are identical. So here it is done and with its happy owner.
I do not remember how exactly it came about but a while ago, I found myself having promised my daughter a Hello Kitty bag. With my current lengthy projects, it was time for me to take a break and I figured doing a crochet bag would not break my no-new-cast-on resolution ;)