Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tunisian stitch cell phone bag


Material:

· Cotton thread size 10 sea green and greenish grey.
· Steel crochet hook 3.5 mm
· Sea shell bead
· Velcro fastening

Method:
Two strands of thread are used through out the piece.


Body:
With double strand of sea green, ch 18 + 2. Work Tunisian st on these 18 ch for 44 rows. Fasten off.

Flap:
Join double strand of greenish grey at the beg of last row and work one sc in each st across, turn. (18 sc)
Row 2: ch 2, dec over next tow sc, 1 sc in each sc across to the last 2 sc, dec over the last two, turn.
Row 3: ch 2, 1 sc in each sc across to the end, turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until 2 sc remain. Pass thread through both and fasten off.

Strap:
For the strap knit an I-cord using one strand each of sea green And greenish grey as follows:
Using a pair of double pointed needles (3 mm), cast on 3 Sts. K across. Slide the sts across the needle to the right edge and bringing the thread to the right behind the work, again knit across. Repeat in this manner until the desired length is obtained. Cast off the three Sts together.


Finishing:
Sew together the sides using weave stitch. Using greenish grey, crochet a row of sc along the margins of the flap. Attach the seashell bead to the top of the flap. Sew I-cord and Velcro fastening in place.

4 comments :

  1. I think I will try this for my first attempt at the Tunisian Crochet method. You write this pattern so simply and clearly. I will let you know how it works out for me. Thank You for your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for those pattern I am going to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u for this pattern. For the longest I could only do a square now I can decrease and I think I can do an increase too or it will b easier to follow a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pattern! Tunisian stitch is my favorite and this little bag shows it perfectly. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete