Saturday, June 25, 2011


I started this pair of baby overalls in order to use up some odd balls of fingering weight. I thought it would be a quick knit, but I must be overconfident of my knitting speed because it took me almost a month to get done. The facts that I got lesser time to knit this month due to the new baby and all, and that I found this pattern a bore, did not help with the progress.

I drew a heart motif over a grid and knit a row of these across the chest. The rest of the onesie was done in 2(red): 3(orange) stripes. It was a bit tricky, as the start of the round shifts at waist and then again on starting the legs. I opted out of knitting the feet as I could not be sure of having enough yarn. So, I am glad to finally have it off the needles.

I am not sure how it has turned out, though the crotch and butt shaping seem odd to me. Just happy it is finished.


  1. MashaALLAH - how beautiful this is! You did a good job and I like the little hearts very much.
    Mabrouk for the new baby, may ALLAH guide him to jannah.

    Wa salam alaikum,
    nima noema.

  2. MashaAllah that is adorable! Going over to Ravelry to favorite it...

  3. It turned out very cute, and I love the modifications. But I totally understand the wish that a project would just end already!

  4. Looks very cute. You are very good at what you do. Its a lot of hard work i guess. Good luck.