Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Socks Can be Fun


I can and do sometimes knit socks, but for most part they are not my favorite things to knit. And when it comes to socks for men, most are so boring, with ribbing going on and on. So I was pleasantly surprised with my latest project, a pair of Francie Socks for my husband in Regia Line Steps Color.

I just finished the first sock and it was so much fun, I was finished before I even realized it. It is basically ribbing with added twist in the form of unique gusset and foot shaping. The shaping keeps it interesting to the very end. No second sock syndrome for me this time, I am eager to cast on the second sock soon!

Add Image

3 comments :

  1. Oh, they really looks gorgeous! I just have to queue them, for the next time I will do a pair for my husband. I really agree with you, men's socks are normaly quite boring.

    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I knew you'd enjoy this pattern. It is different enough to keep it interesting. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a very pretty sock!

    ReplyDelete