Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Amelia

My Ravelympics cardigan Amelia is all done. It was a quick and very enjoyable knit and the FO is perfect in its size and everything :) The yarn, Araucania Nature wool Solid is also very nice.

The few modifications that I did to the pattern were:
1. I used 5 sts instead of 4 for the front garter band as some had mentioned problems with the thin band folding in.
2. I added two inches to cardigan length.
3. Instead of binding off the sts at the neckline and than picking up sts for the neck band, I simply picked sts up at the fronts and decreased the rest of sts to the neck band specifications.

Another plus of this knit was that I was able to read while knitting and so finished my first book of my 2010 reading list.

4 comments :

  1. Congratulations to the new cardigan.Very very nice.
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Amelia turned out beautifully. Congrats on finishing your Ravelympics project and a book to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am curious to know if you don't mind me asking, what did you read?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalaam-o-Alaikom Aishah, I read Urdu version of Ar-Raheeq Al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar): Biography of the Prophet (SAW).

    ReplyDelete