Thursday, June 18, 2009

It is a...

In the last post, I asked my readers what my WIP was going to be. Allison thought it was going to be a skirt and Sabrina that it was a baby blanket. :) Now, my project is finished and it is a....
...circular vest/shrug. I used this pattern (rav link) for the basic shape but used this wave st pattern instead of mock rib and used provisional cast on to knit the body first and then did the ribbing in rounds. As you can see, I used my handspun for the ribbing. the contrasting yarns (Patons Classic Wool) are not exactly my first choice for the project but these were the closest I could get in my stash, to the handspun in weight and color.
All in all, it turned out OK. (It's hard to take a good picture with it laid flat)


  1. How clever! That is quite a fun pattern. And very cheerfully executed.

  2. I love it, and I love the colors, too. Very pretty. :)

  3. I LOVE the vest and your additions to it. Great!

  4. It turned out really nice. Very pretty! You are so creative. :)