Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Flower toddler slippers

I had been wanting to make slippers for my daughter for some days, especially since I had made a pair for my son last year. Finally a did make a pair a couple of days back and my daughter actually likes them (I think so) because she actually wore them and did not pull them off.
Flower toddler slippers
Materials:
· Acrylic yarn DK Rose pink and small amount of fluorescent green.
· Crochet hook size 3.5mm or one needed to obtain gauge

Gauge: 8 sts x 5 rows =2 inches (in DC)

Size: approx 6 inches long

Method: (Make two)
Rnd 1: Chain 3, join with sl st to form a loop. Ch 3, 9 dc in the loop, jn with sl st to the 3rd ch of initial ch3.Turn.
Rnd 2: Ch3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next , *(2 dc in next dc) twice, 1dc in next dc, rep from * once, 2 dc in last dc, jn. Turn.(17 dc)
Rnd 3: Ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 3 dc, ( 2dc in next dc) twice, 1 dc in next 6dc,, (2 dc in next dc) twice, 1 dc in next 3 dc, join.Turn.(21 dc)
Rnd 4: Ch 3, 1 dc in next 4 dc, (2 dc in next dc )twice, 1 dc in next 8 dc (2 dc in next dc) twice, 1 dc in next 4 dc, jn. Turn.(25 dc)
Rnd 5: Ch3, 1 dc in next 5 dc 92 dc in next dc )twice, 1 dc in next 10 dc, (2 dc in next dc )twice, 1 dc in next 5 dc, jn. Turn.(29 dc)
Rnd 6-9: Ch 3, 1 dc in each dc throughout, jn and turn.
From here on slipper is worked in rows, not rounds.
Row 10 -15: Ch 3, 1 dc in each dc throughout. Turn.
Row 16: Ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 11 dc, dec 1 st over the next 2 dc, 1 dc in next, dec 1 st over the next 2 dc, 1 dc in each of next 12 dc, turn.
Row 17: Ch 3, 1 dc in each of next 10 dc, dec 1 st over the next 2 dc, 1 dc in next, dec 1 st over the next 2 dc, 1 dc in each of next 11 dc. Fasten off.

Flower: ( make 2) With green, ch 2, work 6 sc in the 1st ch, join with sl st.
Rnd 2: ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 2 sc in each of next 5 sc, jn.
Rnd 3: ch 5,sl into the same st, sl in next sc, rep from to the end. Fasten off.(12 petals)

Finishing:
Sew the back seam on both slippers. Sew flower onto each slipper.

8 comments :

  1. Thanks for the lovely pattern ! It looks so comfy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalam Ailkum! I came across your blog yesterday and I must say that I thorough;y enjoyed it. You do beautiful work and I loved your bags ! I'm living in UAE and would love to get in touch .I do a lot of crochrting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you two! Yasmin, I thought you were in India. Not seen you around for a while. Would like to get in touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I reached here thru Yasmin's blog...you have a beautiful blog with great finishes...keep up your good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    I just found your blog and just love the toddler slippers, such an easy pattern layout and beautiful work. Do you mind if I print out the pattern to use for charity crocheting????
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for liking the slippers. You can make any number of projects out of it for personal use, sale or charity but can not distribute the pattern elsewhere other than through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Umme, your patterns are wonderful. I hope my slippers will be as lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is exactly what i am looking for! thank you so much. mashallah!:)

    ReplyDelete