Thursday, March 16, 2017

Craft Break

The final examinations are over and the school is out for the older kids, so I have a bit more free time, Alhamdolillah. I have been putting that time to good use by expanding my craft horizons. I have been indulging in clay art and jewelry making. Only a beginner in both, I have had a lot of fun with both. My oldest daughter joins in the fun and has been enjoying herself a good deal. We made some fridge magnets, candle holders and heaps of jewelry.
 Besides all that and a bit of sewing, I also managed to start the colorwork cardigan that I was hoping to, in the last post. I have never made a colowork sweater for myself and had been wanting to for some time.
 The pattern is a DROPS free pattern, but I decided to knit it from the top down. The yoke is done and I am halfway down the body now. It is looking good, though the progress has been slow on 3 mm needles. I am thinking of adding the colorwork to the sleeve cuffs. That should keep it interesting.

1 comment :

  1. It must be especially fun doing crafts with your daughter. I love the candleholder picture, and the fridge magnets are so cute and colorful. And your sweater! SO pretty! Is it easier to knit with the red than when you made your black cardi? I've recently begun trying to use up my very dark stashed yarns, as it's becoming harder to knit with it - at least, the sock yarn - even with embiggening glasses and contrasting needles. My eyes have suddenly decided to get older, it seems ;)

    ReplyDelete