Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Dress with Knitted Yoke

Lately, we have been in the throes of a very contagious throat infection, which brought down all the three kids one-by-one over the last two weeks. The baby, last one to get ill, is now on the mend, alhamdolillah. Needless to say, I did not do much besides tending to the kids, all this time. However, I took time today to finish this dress. I had knitted the yoke before the illness, using a partial Maizy ball I had in my stash. I did not use any pattern. I paired it up with matching cotton to make a light, summer dress. Spring is upon us, here in Islamabad. The sunlight has started to feel hot and scorching rather than warm and comforting.

In other craft news, I am also on a knitting spree since yesterday, with one completed sock and a baby sweater started. More to come soon, inshaAllah.

2 comments :