Friday, September 12, 2008

For My Mom

Although I have been quite late in jumping on the bandwagon, I did at last cast on for the February Lady Sweater. I am knitting this for my mom. The yarn is Lion Brand Wool-Ease. So far, I have done the yoke and am just starting the lace portion. My modifications so far have been knitting the yoke in st st rather than garter, after the intial garter st border. Also I knit the eyelet row and the 2 adjacent rows in garter. I decided on st st because I was worried about the yardage (I have five balls at 180m/ball).

I have decided to go slow this time, because there is so much work for me right now. I have a lot of Eid preparations as well. Next year, I will try to do all these chores before the start of Ramadan, InshAllah, so I can concentrate on the fasts and their Ibada aspect. As it is, the material jobs take so much time and energy, there is very little left for the spiritual part.

3 comments :

  1. The Februar sweater seems to be very nice in these soft colours.

    I hope you can have some houres of rest and time for the things you wish to do.
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom will love it when you is done. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a beautiful color! I can't wait to see the lace begin.

    ReplyDelete