Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spiderman Afghan

It is finally done. I kept going until I ran out of red and blue yarn. It is good-sized at 62 inches diameter even though I could not put as many color repeats as I had originally planned. The pattern goes quite fast and I enjoyed it enormously. I did many modifications, like using a larger hook, different color sequence and slightly different way of doing the ribbing. I started with black yarn instead of red, so the ribbing ends at the edge of that central black circle and there is no bunching at the center. My son is very happy with his afghan and the weather has turned just right for it to be useful!

8 comments :

  1. This is the nicest Spiderman Afghan I have seen, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. ive made the rainbow spike bag, and it is so nice. it was my first purse i made for myself....thank you so much for ur generous pattens. also they are so well wrote out, it just goes smoothly. again, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur work and thank you for being so generous with your patterns. i did the rainbow spike purse and love it. ur patterns are so well wrote out, and so nice to use. thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern link seems to be broken. Is it not available anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, I have updated the link.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I love your version :-) What size hook did you use and what kind of yarn? I am about to start one for my grandson and am going to use Caron one pounders for the blue and black and Red Heart for the red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I used 5.5 mm hook. You can see other details at my ravelry project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ummeyusuf/superhero-dreamcatcher-afghan---especially-for-spiderman-fans

    ReplyDelete