Monday, September 1, 2008

Welcome, Ramadan!

It's moon-sighting time here in Pakistan, tonight. If the moon is sighted (there is high probability according to the met dept), we will have the first fast tomorrow. It is exciting time for us. We will be out on our roof to try to see the moon. The holy month of Ramaddan has its own cool and peaceful routine. Besides the fast of course, there are the additional Taraweeh prayers at night. Also as all good deeds done during the month are to be rewarded several times more than in other months, muslims are at their best during the month. There is a lot of charity going on. There is also the festive part to the month with preparations for Iftar (breaking the fast) and for Eid which is at the start of next month. So, it will be a good, busy time for us, inshaAllah.
Regarding the knitting, I am still left with half a sleeve to knit on the lilac cardigan. I got side-tracked with some baking today. This is the cake I baked after...er..so many years.

Now I am off to eating the cake and then moon-sighting.

7 comments :

  1. Your yummy cake is not helping my fast, lol! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cake.

    What a lovely time with many challenges.
    Have a nice Ramamdan
    Ulla
    A letter is on it's way to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second blog I visited today with such delights ...
    Have a good ramadan. (is it a bit early, I remembered it also was once in december).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramadan Kareem to you ! I hope you have a peaceful and rewarding ramadan, insha allah. I love this quiet and peaceful month too. It's the most serene part of the year for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

    Oooh.. wonderful blog..tabarak'Allah.

    Ramadaan Mubarak! I pray your Ramadaan is going so far.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

    ReplyDelete