Friday, September 26, 2008

Eid Clothes-- Done

The Eid clothes that I had been sewing for my kids are all done. I made two outfits for my daughter and one for my son.

My son's Shalwar Kameez is relatively simple. I did a bit of fabric painting around the neckline as I was short of time for any embroidery. The flower pattern is of my son's choice, as is the little chick button :)

I already posted the first outfit for dd. I made a little dupatta(stole) to go with it.
The second outfit is a ghagra (skirt) with a small shirt. This is also done in bright, festive fabric used for weddings and such. The embelishment is very traditional gotta work. I made a little dupatta to go with this as well.

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we still on schedule? You are working it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here on my side if someone sees your eid clothes before eid they get 'old' and so we have to get new ones. thank God your daughter is quite young to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masha'ALLAH! You are very talented and I am glad that you and your family are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

    Very impressive! Tabarak'Allah.

    I pray you and the family have a wonderful Eid!

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

    ReplyDelete