Thursday, March 26, 2015

Knitted Yoke Dress

 Appropriate to the changing seasons, this project is a knitting/sewing hybrid. I used about 100 yards of this cotton/nylon yarn to knit a yoke and then sewed it into a dress.

The multicolored yarn does not give much stitch definition and may not be the best choice for a yoke, but this was the most practical project, I could think of, for this yarn.
 The dress fabric is cotton with a cotton trim and a satin ribbon for embellishment. It is sized to fit an almost four-year-old.

2 comments :

  1. What a good idea! And I think the multicolored yarn is a perfect choice for this. It looks floral and cheerful, but does not overwhelm the rest of the dress.
    I've been toying with the idea of knitting myself a cotton sleeveless top to use up some of my long-neglected cotton yarn, but I don't have enough yarn in one color to make an entire top, and I don't want to buy yarn until I've knit down the stash quite a lot. Maybe I will take a leaf from your book and knit a yoke for a cotton fabric tunic. Thank you so much for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I saw a similar dress to this recently, except it has a crocheted yoke. Great job!

    ReplyDelete