Friday, August 27, 2010

Buttercup Bag

Despite being on a project diet for the month of Ramadan, I could not resist the chance of sewing up this bag, while I had my sewing machine out for the final haul on kids' Eid clothes. I had chanced on the pattern recently and I had just the right material for it- the fabric leftover from a recent sofa upholstering at our home. Rather than following the measurements in the pattern, I freehandedly cut out my pieces, quite a bit larger. As the fabric is quite sturdy, I opted for a simple cotton lining. I used a ribbon to line the strap. For the final snazz, I used over sized buttons as embellishment on both sides.

I think it turned out pretty well and it was fast ( the real fun of sewing ), done in one sitting!

7 comments :

  1. Great job! Thanks for sharing that pattern! Your creation is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beauteful!!!! It's just the kind of bag you can use in all situations.

    Hope everything is well with you and your family. I feel so terribly sad about the catastrophic situation in Pakistan.

    Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Seriously pretty! I just love it, and love the pretty complimenting fabric on the strap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bag! The button is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MashaAllah! that bag is really nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice! like we are saying in Turkey Health to yor hands!

    ReplyDelete